In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

HALLELLUJAH!!!!

WE PASSED!!! YES WE DID!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD! I can't quite believe it! The reality hasn't sunk in yet. I have to pinch myself. Is this a dream? Yes indeed, its the culmination of all I ever hope for and all the hardship and torture was worth it. Thank You Lord! How could I ever thank You enough?!

We got our results today! We were summoned for a meeting with the head of department this morning at 11 am. Faces were filled with tension and anticipation. A few did not turn up for the meeting, fearing the worst. The "Boss" came in, spoke to each one of us in his usual gentle way, reminding us to be thankful (banyak bersyukur), that this is but the first step in a career as a physician, that learning is a life long process and that it should never end. He then looked at our marks and commented on how we did and how we could improve further. I have great respect for my boss, Prof Wan Azman, a cardiologist. You can see that he loves his work and he has great passion for his patients. His advice touched me deeply.

And pass we did! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! However, the euphoria was slightly dampened by the news that one of our fellow colleague did not clear the exam. It came as a shock to me. I just had tea with him about an hour before that and he was evidently worried. He did not do very well in the long case yesterday as he was assigned a man from Jordan who was not very cooperative. Apparently the man was uncooperative in giving the history of his illness and he was busy talking on his handphone as well as eating even when my friend was examining him. Sigh! Anyway, KM, I don't know where u are now, i can't reach you by your handphone but I just want to say "take heart, take time to get over this and try again in the next exam. I know it's tough but you can do it. I think you are the smartest one among us and it's just pure bad luck this time. Hang in there! We are behind u in this".

I am going home today. My dream has come through. God has given me what I have asked for. He has been so good to me. To all who has been praying for me, thanks fellas, you guys are the best! And most of all, to my wife, and kids who have been the pillar of support for me all these years. I can't thank you guys enough. Thanks for enduring the hardship with me. Things will be better now.

And now I can indulge in all the things that I so want to do.....gardening (gonna get myself some orchids!..actually it's the only flowering plant that survives under my care!), watch lots and lots of movies, maybe do something about the color of this blog (once I figure out how to do it), read, play with my kids, take them to Aquaria, go join a gym or something, enjoy LIFE!!!! :-)

I will post some pics later....of a new generation of physicians! All my dear friends who passed with me, well, at least those that i managed to snap anyways.

A physician got made today... or should I say, a physician GOD made today! A physician following in the footstep of THE PHYSICIAN.

2 Comments:

  • At 11/25/2005 06:53:00 PM, Blogger edina monsoon said…

    Congratulations are in order. And a HUGE thank you for all the help throughout...the preparation of the exams as well as during the exams. There are many happy people today but I 'm sorry for the friend who didn't make it. Would have been NICE if all of us passed the exams. Have a nice weekend at home. I'm out celebrating soon

     
  • At 11/26/2005 07:57:00 PM, Blogger sbanboy said…

    Well done bro ... now go spoil yourself and your family .... cheers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home