In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

6 days to the exams and I am so numbed, I dont really care anymore. This morning i woke up at 5 am! And stared at the ceiling, listening to the pitter-patter of rain drops on the zinc roof outside, AND trying to name 10 causes of this or that medical condition! Ugh! Am officially on study leave. My tired aching body shouts....yeah! holiday! Go swim, go get a massage, go pamper yourself! My more sober mind says, "study man....you can do it, its just another 10 days or so! Sigh! Thank God i listened to the sober side.
I am gonna post some pics just as soon as my exams get over. I promise!
Lots of "tips" are flying around...about this or that question which may or may not come out. I wish upon the star that next morning when i get up from sleep, i will find the complete questions AND answers on my desk! That would be great...but then again, i wouldnt be very happy even if i pass. Would i?
I had a great time in church on sunday. The pastor gave a sermon that touched my heart. And th elders gathered to pray for me after the service. And just before i left the altar, a kindly good fren gave me a verse...actually its a chapter! Its in Isaiah 43. I looked it up yesterday and the first 3 verses "spoke" to me. It really encouraged me and gave me the courage to face this exam. I have nothing to fear. Ironically, these same verses "spoke" to me way back in 1996, just before my final exam in the medical undergraduate studies. I know because right next to it, I had written the date and why it meant something to me then. It still mean a lot to me. God's word is like that. Its always fresh and always true and always, always...dependable.
Ok, gotta go back to my studies and read up on the TIPS i received!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home