In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Sunday, November 20, 2005


Woke up this morning with a swelling on my left eye lid! Ugh! I've got a stye (no, not those that pigs live in...that's a sty!)! It's an infection of the hair follicle of the eye lash. I wonder how I got it. I mean, I have always been hygiene conscious...to the point of being paranoid! I wash my hands all the time. Sigh! Must be one of those episode where i got an itch in the you know where and couldn't find a washroom and subsequently rubbed my hand with all the bugs into my left eye. Sigh! I can just imagine it getting bigger and bigger and when it's time for my viva next week, I would probably have to use one eye only. But then again, the examiner might see just notice how much pain and suffering i am in and be compasionate! He he! Some how I dont think so.
2 days to the exam and I can't sleep and I can't eat. My irritable bowel acts up over and over again. Reminds me of my punjabi room mate when i was an undergrad in medical school. Come exam day and u will find him kneeling in front of the toilet bowl just vomiting away, like he is pregnant or something. Right after the exam, he is fine as if nothing has happened. Tell you more about him another time. He was one nutty character.
Got some more "tips" via sms yesterday. I think it's way way too late for tips. What I really need are the questions and answers!!!!!
Actually, time is so short, i really don't know what to read anymore and there's really nothing more I can do, except to pray. Oh Lord!!!!! Help me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home