In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

What My Girl Learnt The First Week In School

One week has passed since my little girl started school. I was home on Friday and she told me some of the stuff she learnt. Here they are:

1. She learnt that her name can be so badly mispronounced by her teachers. Her English teacher, specifically, does not know that the "e" in her name is silent. Sigh...

2. She happily animated an action song that involves pulling the ears and squatting (now we know....). The lyrics of the song consisted of only the following words: Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Mac Donald! Talk about Western Influence.

3. She was bored...very bored. She lamented the fact that the work she was given to do has been done before when she was 4 years old. I gently reminded her that not everyone in her class started kindergarten at 4 years old and that perhaps she could help her friends out.

4. She has made ONE new friend. She can't remember her name.

5. She has to wear only BLACK ribbons to school. Sigh. I know they have to wear uniform but do they have to be so uniformed??? What's wrong with a little variety like pink ribbons etc etc. Little wonder we produce people who are so monotonous and lack creativity.

Hmmmm, do I start to worry???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home