In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

My Day-ius Horribilis

I have had a horrible day. Woke up late and had to brave thru unusual traffic jam along the usual breezy NPE highway (it seemed like everyone was heading to where I was going) made worst by some bloody idiots who weaved in and out of traffic and those using the left lane to overtake u (If I have the force with me, there would have been many strangled drivers on the road this morning).

Then, I had a very unpleasant phone conversation with some one from the finance department where I am employed (I shall not tell...I try not to bite the hand that feed me...though sometimes a big SNAP is just so tempting). Apparently there is now a new ruling that all medical claim receipts should be GLUED to the claim form and not stapled! Apparently an email has been sent out informing the same, some time ago. I didn't read that email. I don't know if I even received it. Apparently it was to prevent the loss of receipts. So many "apparently". So apparently now I have to get it glued and resend it again. What really made my blood boil was the fact that there was NO ONE KIND ENOUGH in the whole finance department to just pick up a damn bottle or stick of glue and stick the receipts for me. Instead, there were just sent back by post to my poor wife at home who hadn't a clue what the matter is about. Ironically, even the person-in-charge at the place where I sent in the claim form also had no idea that the receipts had to be glued! So there! Sigh!

The cardiac clinic that followed was great. I love to talk to patients. And I managed to get another 17 patients recruited into my thesis project (btw, the grand total now is 79 patients, another 921 to go). Of course I had to skip lunch as the clinic goes on beyond lunch time. After a quick bite, I rushed to the ward. And all hell broke lose...

I don't even want to talk about it. I will just summarise it as relational problems between fellow doctors. I won't even name names. I rather forget it.... Sigh. I feel better now. Thank God I really don't have the force with me...otherwise there will be a serious lack of doctors in this hospital. My nostrils are still smouldering but the fire is gone. I am going to join my friend in a newly opened sauna nearby and relax. Forget work for a while. I hope the remainder of the day will be decent and good.

Deep breathing.....ten...nine...eight...seven...

1 Comments:

  • At 1/14/2006 04:47:00 PM, Blogger edina monsoon said…

    We all have shitty days. It's those days, what makes us appreciate a day full of simple pleasures. There is a reason for most things...even shitty ones. There's the philosophical me speaking. Absorb it cos this comes once in a blue moon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home