In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Thursday, November 10, 2005


Am post call today, so i have the right to walk around like zombie and not respond to any questions. Actually it was a pretty decent call. I actually slept thruout the night until some idiot paged me at 5 am (just when i was in deep REM sleep) and when i called back, an equally sleepy nurse answered the phone and promptly denied ever paging me. May he/she who DID page me constipate for a month! And when i was about to drift back into slumberland, another (or the same?) idiot paged me from a number i dont even recognise! When i called back, no one picked up the phone. Arrrgh! May he/she constipate for another month!
I dont know about u but for me, the last few minutes before actually waking up is what makes me day. Just to lie there in a semi-comatose state and stretch all my tired muscles (they have been tired for the past 8 years....as long as i have been a doctor) is as close as i can feel about paradise. And now its RUINED! :-(
12 more days and counting. Exam, exam, exam....may this truly be my last exam.

5 Comments:

  • At 11/09/2005 10:46:00 PM, Blogger edina monsoon said…

    Tired...flabby ( no yoga for some time now ) and my eyes hurt. How're you hanging on?

     
  • At 11/10/2005 07:14:00 PM, Blogger Jimbo said…

    Hanging on by a mere thread i think. I am so tired. Dont know what to read anymore. Psst...heard PTLD may be the MEQ this time. Not confirmed but source rather reliable.

     
  • At 11/10/2005 07:14:00 PM, Blogger Jimbo said…

    Btw edina, how do i put pics on my blog?????

     
  • At 11/11/2005 09:00:00 AM, Blogger edina monsoon said…

    hit the picture icon on the top ...then a separate window opens up and you click browse....hit the format and put upload picture. It might take a while if you're not on broadband. WHAT"S PTLD?

     
  • At 11/11/2005 09:52:00 AM, Blogger Jimbo said…

    Posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder. Check out UptoDate...good article there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home