In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Friday, June 02, 2006













Terminated My Gym Membership

I know, I know, once upon a time, I was waxing lyrical about how good my gym was. But that was a long time ago; well, 6 months ago actually. Since then I have kinda fallen out of love with that gym. And so, last Friday, I made a decision to give them my one month notice to terminate my membership.

And you know what? They weren't too pleased about it! In fact, the one who attended to me was pretty curt and abrupt.

There are many reasons why I decided to call it quits. Namely:

1. The staff which used to be real friendly are no longer so. The present batch is new and counter service basically is appalling. Souor faces with sour service.

2. I used to be able to get the gym apparels easily; now they tell me they have run out of this or that. Once they said they have no more socks. Another time, they ran out of plastic bags; yet another time, towels and so on and so forth. Some times I am given shirts or pants that can fit 2 or 3 of me, at other times, it's so figure hugging, I was embarrased to wear them!

3. The sauna broke down a few times and no one was bothered to fix it despite complaints being lodged.

4. The showers now spew out icy cold water only to be replaced with boiling hot water after about 5 minutes and there is no way to control it one way or the other.

5. Finding a parking lot there is a major hassle.

6. Frankly I find myself visiting the gym less frequently than I would wish to; mainly due to work commitment. Though RM147 per month isn't very expensive but if I go only twice a month, that would mean each session costs me RM73.50! Now, that's expensive!

7. And finally, I must accept that I can't fight gravity. :-P

I guess it's just back to regular swimming after the end of June. I think I enjoy it more and it's alot cheaper. I just hope the weather willhave improved by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home