In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Horrible call

Had a terrible time on call last night. So many ill patients and so many referrals. Things come in hatricks I suppose. I had 3 patients bleeding from all kinds of orifices...tracheostomy site, rectal, massive hemetemesis (vomiting of blood)! Sigh! All are still alive! Thank God!

I was paged repeatedly all night for very mundane stuff which did not need my input. Sigh. But still, being on call is being on call....meaning I have to be available at all times. I accept that.

I have a throbbing headache (left side....the beginning of a very unpleasant migraine), a large tongue ulcer (I hate them but get them all the time) and a very uncooperative pair of eyelids which falls intermittently. Gonna drive home now. Gonna take my family for breakfast. Probably will spend the entire day out with them.

God, give me strength and alertness to drive home safely and to spend time with my family. The most joyous moment about going home is the sight of my smiling wife and my kids hopping up and down at the gate in utter happiness. Only kids can do that. It wouldn't work if an adult hops up and down. People would probably think he/she has lost it. :-)

Have a happy weekend everyone!

PS: I managed to upload all the 'under-the-sea' pics last night. I have also mustered enough courage to post a pic of myself and my friends. It's not everyday that one sees a physician (much less 3 of them!) dressed down....to barest minimum. He he!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home