In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Final posting on Redang - Under the Sea!

Sash bought an underwater camera for RM 50 at the hotel. It has 26 shots. Unfortunately we aren't professional camera people and I really didn't expect much from a disposable underwater Kodak camera. So here are the pics (the clearer ones were taken with a digital camera). Frankly I feel the camera did little justice to the wonders and beauty I saw while snorkeling. God's creation is truly truly beautiful/ You gotta see it for yourself to believe it! There were many things that I saw but could not reproduce here because I was not holding the camera. For instance, I saw the giant Maori Eel and also the Giant Garupa fish. The sights were truly awesome!

Posing with one of the beach boy while on our way to the Marine Park.

Zul and I in the sea. Look no life jacket! You can easily float in the sea. I had to lend my life jacket to Hanizam who joined us for the trip (he stayed in the Laguna which only had one trip and he wanted more!)

I believe these are called 'Sergeant Major Fish' because of their stripes


Me feeding the fishes. Once a garupa swam towards me and wanted the bread I was holding. It looked so menacing, I practically gave it the whole loaf!

Some of their bites can be rather painful, especially the larger fishes. Scary...

Sash feeding the fishes....actually it looked like the fishes are feeding on Sash!!!!



Finding Nemo? In the pic below....



This the guy who took a number of the pics for us as he could dive down deeper being an experienced diver cumbeach boy. He was also the one who caught the little clown fish. If you look at his left goggle, you can see a little nemo inside! Don't worry, the nemo survived but may be a little traumatized swimming so close to a human eye ball!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home