In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Pictorial Guide to Paradise

Like I said earlier, I am tired of writing. Not that I don't like to write. I love to write actually. I find it therapeutic. Better to let out my angst here than to shout at patients or relatives of
patients and get a multi-million ringgit suit right? So, it's going to be just pictures for a while.




We had to wait for our boat to take us to Redang at the jetty.

We boarded our speed boat and dutifully put on our life jacket. Wouln't want to be found floating in the south china sea would we? I am sitting next to Sash.

After 45 minutes of heart thumping, gut wrenching, butt bumping ride on the speed boat, we arrived! The ride was real fun. Totally enjoyed it. None of us threw up or had a heart attack. There was a minor scare though midway when a very nauseated house lizard crept behind one of us along the ledge of the boat. The person (which shall remain unnamed) jumped up and dropped her handphone.....onto the boat. Phew! Thank God it didn't land the other way into the sea! Nearly crushed the poor lizard in the process. I don't think the poor critter vomited but it sure had a strange color!

If you can see the bottom of the a boat floating on the sea, you know it's going to be great!!! I don't think I have seen such clear sea water anywhere else in Malaysia (definitely not in Port Dickson!)


From the jetty it's a 10 minute walk to the Redang Beach Resort. We had to walk across the Laguna Beach Resort (LBR) to get to our hotel next to it. The next 3 pics are of the beach in front of the Laguna. Will show the Laguna hotel building next time (not in my thumb drive la! Darn!)

And then, like entering another world, we reached the beach front of the Redang Beach Hotel. The atmosphere became low key, laid back and lazy. Hammocks greeted us, swaying gently in the tropical breeze...

By the way, the tractor was used to transport our bags. An ingenious way of mass transportation. We, of course had to to walk on the soft white sand. We go snorkeling on those boats you see above.

You can see the Laguna in the distant.


The sign boards can be very confusing for the uninitiated....

I think I will stop here. The wifi is taking forever to upload one lousy pic! Sigh! I just weighed myself just now after the last chest patient has left my room. My weight is now 71.2 kg! Aarrgh! I have gained....200 gm! in Redang. I am going to hit the pool now, haven't swam in ages. Snorkeling doesn't count. Strangely, my pants feel lose, so I am really hoping the extra flab has gone to more desirable spots on my anatomy rather than my 'love handle'.... Chuckle...!

2 Comments:

  • At 3/24/2006 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Jimbo said…

    May is just around the corner. Just hang in there! My next holiday is in 2 weeks time....Beijing here I come!!!

     
  • At 3/26/2006 06:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi doc, nice pictures...really hope i can make a trip there this year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home