In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Redang Beach Resort - continued

Some of my colleagues complained about the 'lack' of facilities in this resort. Some of them made arrangements to be 'relocated' to the Laguna next door, a "proper"hotel. Me? I don't really care. I am just thankful that I could be at Redang and also to attend the MEMS.

The RBR grows on you. True, it does lack certain facilities; but I believe the resort was established to cater to a different kind of tourists. The Laguna is more suited for conferences and people with families tagging along. The RBR caters for the more 'adventurous type' and I suppose the younger lot who wouldn't mind roughing out, people who went just for the fun, sun and plenty of snorkeling and partying and only use the room as a place to rest their heads when the merry-making is done.

While the ambience at the Laguna was rather formal, at the RBR, it was rather relaxed, laid back and even bohemian. There's an air of nice lazy slumber. The beach front is dotted liberally with hammocks hanging from every available palm trees. It's just heavenly to lie in one and make it sway a little as you soak in the tropical sun and read a good book (in my case, I was reading Man and Boy by Tony Parsons, of whichI wrote about earlier). Ah, the bliss!

I would have loved to get one of those hammocks hung up in my garden at home but I think there wouldn't be any space left for anything else, since my garden is the size of a toilet.

I think I am done writing. If and when I find a decent wireless connection, I am going to just upload tons of pics and write like 1%. Afterall, a picture tells a thousand words.

3rd day post Redang today. And it's chest clinic day. Ugh! I am slowly assimilating back into the urban jungle, just as slowly as my tan is fading away. Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home