In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A PHYSICIAN'S PRAYER

I came across this prayer on the desk of one the clinic where I do part time work (locum). Thought I would share it with you guys..

A Physician’s Prayer

Lord, Thou Great Physician,
I kneel before Thee.
Since every good and perfect gift must come from Thee,
I PRAY:

Give skill to my hand,
clear vision to my mind,
kindness and sympathy to my heart.
Give me singleness of purpose,
strength to lift at least a part of the burden of my suffering fellowmen,
and a true realization of the rare privilege that is mine,
take from my heart all guile and worldliness,
that with the simple faith of a child I may rely on Thee. Amen

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home