In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

MORE ON MLM

Sometimes I wonder what non-believers would think of us, Christians who are overly zealous in promoting and propagating our belief? I have many friends who are non-believers, who came away feeling terribly insulted and angry after an encounter with a believer!

Don’t get me wrong, sharing our faith is a command from our LORD. I do not question that. But sometimes, I wonder if we, in our zealousness, also behaved like insurance agents and MLM people? We approach people with the motive of sharing our faith and “converting” them. So, what happens when they are not interested? Does the friendship stop there?

I have shared my belief with some of my friends. Not unexpectedly, some of them think I was probably possessed and talking in Sanskrit. And yes, some came away feeling upset, because I have touched on issues they felt strongly about. But, no, I have not lost a friend because of this. Heck, even Jesus didn’t get everyone to believe in Him! Mine is not the task to convert, mine is the task to share my belief. Whether ultimately he or she believes is between him and God. In the end, the friendship continues. Friends are worth it, even if they may not totally agree with you. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home