In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

SCAPEGOAT

I think that much of the time I have been living in a bubble with a false sense of security. I believe that there is good in all of us. I believe that the people around me are kind, honest, considerate, loving. Every once in a while, the bubble burst and I get a rude jolt back to reality. I see again the ugliness of reality, that not all are kind, not all are charitable. Maybe I have been deluding myself all this while.

I felt the sting of betrayal yesterday. I don’t even want to write about it. In brief, I was made the scapegoat for something that I had no part in. Frankly, it hurt. Not because my reputation was tarnished but more so because the sting came from one I considered a friend.

Jesus must have felt that way, a long time ago, when he was betrayed with a kiss by one he called a friend, into the hands of his enemies. It must have hurt then. His “bubble” would have burst too.

It’s not mentioned in the Bible, but you know what, I reckon that Jesus forgave his betrayer. It’s part of his make up. He wouldn’t be who he is if he didn’t.

Yeah, it hurts. But I choose to forgive and move on. It’s the way to go if I am to follow in my Father’s footsteps. Despite it all, I still believe that there is good in all of us.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/22/2006 10:21:00 PM, Blogger sbanboy said…

    I know how it feels bro ... hang in there ...

     
  • At 1/23/2006 10:14:00 PM, Blogger edina monsoon said…

    That's a good way of dealing with situations which shtink. I'm all for instant gratification ie tweak the nose of the offender until it either hurts like mad or drops off as a result of lack of blood. But then that's just my way. No pressure to follow likewise you know.

     
  • At 1/24/2006 12:28:00 PM, Blogger Jimbo said…

    I would have done it your way except I didnt like to get my hands dirty with nose poo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home