In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mission Impossible 3 - the verdict

The show lasted 2 hours and 10 minutes (by which time my bladder was at its maximum capacity of 700 cc). There was nothing glamourous about the premiere (read: no freebies) except that we were scanned at the entrance and asked to deposit our precious handphones at the counter. They said this was to prevent illegal taping of the show. I wonder how much of the show I can get onto my 64MB MMC card! :-)

So here's the verdict:

1. Explosion and the 'wow' factor: 10/10 (I swear I am a little auditory-challenged now after all the pyrotechnics)

2. Character development: 5/10 (I still wonder who is who)

3. Story line: 6/10 (It was actually much less convoluted than MI:II which I took a while to digest; and oh, there were no doves flying slow-mo since this is not a John Woo movie)

4. Tom Cruise emoting: 1/10! (Aiyo it was so painful to see him emote any 'emotion')

5. Grey cells utilising factor: 0.5/10 (I did say this is a no brainer)

Overall, I would give it a 7/10 (if only to see glimpses of the Vatican City, and Shanghai). And I wish Lawrence Fishbourne would consider dental braces.

Not looking forward to today's work.... geriatric ward rounds (which I predict will last forever) followed by the chest clinic this afternoon (I pray it will end by 6 pm!). But I do look forward to the evening! Little Cheryl (my new niece) will be discharged today and I will get to cuddle her when I get home! Thank you all for praying. She is well enough to go home! Praise the Lord!

2 Comments:

  • At 5/04/2006 08:02:00 AM, Blogger iml said…

    MM1 was better compared to MM2. The whole movie is about him and him alone. The invincible against all odds. The original series had a team of 5 each specilising in a field. Not looking forward to see MM3 but I know my husband and children are.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 08:21:00 AM, Blogger Jimbo said…

    I totally agree with you! Don't know when it became a 'one man' show. Sigh! I used to enjoy the TV series a lot when I was a small kid. Still do. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home