In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Monday, February 27, 2006

MAN AND BOY

I popped over to the MPH warehouse sale last Friday. I bought a few things, namely puzzles and kiddy toys. I also managed to get my hands on this book by Tony Parsons. It was on 30% discount and I bought it for RM26 or so (will claim from income tax!).

Actually I have no idea what this book is all about. I heard it's already being made into a movie. I first saw it in the hands of a cancer-stricken patient 2 years ago. She said the book touched her deeply and brought tears to her eyes.

Now, I am not saying I like to cry over a book, but if this book can bring tears to a patient in despair, there must be something worth reading inside. So, over the next few weeks or months (depending on hom wmany toilet breaks I get), I shall read this book. Am already at page 20 or so. Only one foul word so far, that's a good sign; and no sweaty and heaving sex scenes (another good sign)! He he!

I can already imagine myself lying on a beach chair in the quiet beauty of the Redang Island beach' sipping my pinacalada and reading this book while working on my tan. Ah, heaven!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home