In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

HUGE, HARD, THROBBING.......

MIGRAINE! Ha! You thought I was going to write a sleazy romance novel huh? No la, I woke up with this huge headache. I just knew it will happen. The heavens did not pour out the usual evening shower back where I stay last night and I had to endure a very warm humid night (hot hot hot! Even inspite of showering endless times and sleepy buck naked).

There are many triggers for migraine and definitely a hot sleepless night was one of them. Will tell u more about this "thorn in my flesh" next time.

And now, it's like 5 minutes before the clinics start and I have this huge pain in my head. Took a Cerebrex and also an ergotamine pill (we doctors are super good at self-medication). The headache has ebbed somewhat. I wonder if I could put on an Oscar winning performance to secure a MC for the day...I doubt it. It's hard for a doctor to get an MC from another doctor. Sigh!

So, I will just have to bear it out and hope this headache don't transform into blurring of vision, vomiting, diarrhoea, fits and paralysis (it can happen, you know). Lord, may all my patients today in the SLE clinic be stable, short-winded and few. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home