In My Father's Footsteps

Learning that there is much more to medicine than diagnosis and treatment.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Parent's Day

My church is celebrating Parent's Day this weekend (I declined an invite to the Langkawi Island for a weekend meeting for this....a tinge of regret but I think it's the right move). I am not sure what's the program will be like but there will definitely be 'makan' (food!!!). If anything, my church is big in a few things..FOOD and FELLOWSHIP! :-)

In fact, that's what attracted us to the church in the beginning, the overwhelming sense of love and concern for each other. It's hard to find this in most churches these days.

A kind reader has sent me a song which will be sung by the Sunday School kids in her church. I think it's appropriate to post it here. It's a love song to the Father. Btw, she thinks I am a great dad! Blush blush! So pai-seh la...

Daddy You're My Hero

Father You're the best, my delight
Father You're so sweet
Sweeter than honey on the rocks
Father You're the light in the night
Father You're my strength
and my forever friend

Ch:
Abba Father You're my hero
You're there when I need you
You sent the greatest gift
of love into my life

Daddy You're the best and you're mine
Daddy You're so sweet
Sweeter than anyone I've met
Daddy You're my song in the night
Daddy You're my strength
And my forever friend

Ch:
Daddy Daddy you're my hero
You're there when I need you
You are the greatest gift
I received in my life.......

Song writer: KB Chan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home